This week (the week of Oct 6th, 2013) we made an announcement that La Familia Medicina has separated from Ayahuasca Satsangha.
There have been some questions from friends and guests regarding this matter. This post is to clear up some of those questions. This post will state just the facts which are as follows:
1) In 2010 Zach Poitra met Maestro Gumercindo Galindo and the entire Galindo family in Jenaro Hererra.
2) In 2011 Zach Poitra and Maestro Gumercindo Galindo founded La Familia Medicina and started offering retreats at our camp near Jenaro Herrera/Iquitos.
3) In 2012 Zach Poitra, Maestro Gumercindo and Alex Good started conducting retreats under the name Ayahuasca Satsangha. These retreats took place at both The Way Inn near Huaraz and at the La Familia Medicina jungle camp near Jenaro Hererra/Iquitos.
4) Late 2012 it became clear to Zach Poitra and Maestro Gumercindo Galindo that the partnership with Alex Good was not working out as hoped.
5) Late 2012 to October 2013 was an extended “breaking up” period between La Familia Medicina (Zach Poitra and Maestro Gumercindo Galindo) and Ayahuasca Satsangha (Alex Good and The Way Inn).
6) October 2013 La Familia Medicina (Zach Poitra and Maestro Gumercindo Galindo) officially broke ties with Ayahuasca Satsangha (Alex Good and The Way Inn).
The owners of La Familia Medicina are: Maestro Gumercindo Galindo, Zach Poitra and the Galindo Family
The Shamans and Maestro Shamans at La Familia Medicina are: Maestro Gumercindo Galindo, Maestro Don Roldan Galindo, Gertrudes Galindo Shapiama and Zach Poitra
I hope this clears up any confusion regarding the series of events and the relationship between La Familia Medicina and Ayahuasca Satsangha. La Familia Medicina wishes Ayahuasca Satsangha the best of luck in their future endeavors.